We're excited to get you transitioned over to SecurityTrax! A big part of the transition is importing your existing equipment. Below are some best practices and steps to most effectively and affordably complete an equipment import. We invite you to read this document in its entirety before exporting any of your existing data. Skipping steps or rushing through this process will only result in extended delays; imports for both large and small datasets can be complicated.
- Provide a point of contact at your company who is familiar with your current equipment data set. Create a SecurityTrax Ticket which includes all relevant contact information.
- A template to perform the import will be provided to you:
- Please do not change the template file. The import will not work correctly if it's modified
- Headers and header definitions are provided in the template
- Don't alter the column headings on the template
- Don't add or subtract columns to the template
- Double and triple checking your data on the template referenced below will help minimize issues. SecurityTrax will NOT be accountable for the content provided for the import
- A cost estimate for developer hours will be provided once your file(s) have been reviewed
Steps For Import
Prior to exporting any equipment data from your existing system(s), please complete the following:
- Quick Start Guide & Training
Complete the Quick Start Guide along with the Post Quick Start Guide Training
- Expanded Setup Guide
Complete the Expanded Setup Guide steps that are relevant to your company
After you've completed the steps above, proceed to the following:
Download Template Here
Once you have populated the data on the template, please submit a ticket and then attach the file to have it imported to SecurityTrax.
If you're looking to import information that isn't collected on the templates found above, please open a SecurityTrax Ticket and upload a sample of the data you'd like to import so the best method can be determined.