Inventory Replenishment is a part of the Inventory+ add-on.
Inventory Replenishment provides a quick and accurate way of determining what Equipment Items need to be ordered for Inventory Recipients and generating the needed Pending Purchase Orders. The Replenishment calculations are computed by comparing real-time inventory levels of Inventory Recipients against their desired levels as set by their assigned Inventory Template. Replenishment will intelligently determine not only the quantity of items to order but also the appropriate Equipment Vendor based on the Default Vendor Priority.
On an Inventory Template, the desired quantity of the equipment item that the recipient should have on hand.
- On an Inventory Template, the Equipment Vendor that should be used to order the equipment item from.
- On an Equipment Item, the Equipment Vendor that should be used.
- On a Purchase Requisition the Equipment Vendor that will be used for the Equipment Item when generating Purchase Orders.
Default Vendor Priority
The priority by which a Default Vendor is determined. The following order of priority is used:
- An overridden Inventory Template value set specifically on an Inventory Recipient on the Equipment Details Page.
- The value set on the Inventory Template applied to the Inventory Recipient.
- The value set on the Equipment Item.
Represents the items that your company uses in the course of business operations. Note: In SecurityTrax, this list does not contain Equipment Kits, which are treated separately.
An entity that participates in your inventory system that can be assigned inventory items. In SecurityTrax, users and office locations can be designated as inventory recipients.
Inventory Recipient Office Location
An Inventory Recipient that is an office location.
Inventory Recipient User
An Inventory Recipient that is a user.
Used to specify preferred vendors and desired quantities of Equipment Items for Inventory Recipients. Includes data such as items, Default Vendor, and Minimum Level, and Base Level.
On an Inventory Template, the minimum quantity the recipient can have on-hand before ordering should occur to increase their quantity to the Base Level.
Pending Purchase Order
A PO that has not been finalized. Pending purchase orders are shown for immediate action only, either saving (and therefore becoming a Purchase Order) or ignoring. They are not saved by the system for later use.
Purchase Order (PO)
An order for one or more Equipment Items or Equipment Kits with a specific Equipment Vendor. Includes an Inventory Recipient and other related details that determine shipping location and method.
Before using Replenishment you will need to configure your Inventory Templates. The template provides a convenient way to configure desired inventory levels of one or many of your Inventory Recipients. Learn more about Inventory Templates.
Creating pending purchase orders
While in Company Inventory, click on Replenishment in the left menu.
- Choose which type of replenishment you would like to perform. There are three options:
- Company - perform replenishment for the entire company, including all Inventory Recipients of all types.
- Locations - perform replenishment only for the Inventory Recipients that are office locations.
- Users - perform replenishment only for the Inventory Recipients that are users.
- If you chose Locations or Users as the type you will need to specify which specific Inventory Recipients you want to perform Replenishment on.
- Click Submit.
You will now be presented with a list of Pending Purchase Orders. This list was generated by comparing the specified Inventory Recipients' real-time inventory levels against the desired levels as assigned by their Inventory Template. Pending Purchase Orders will be created to fulfill the needs for each Inventory Recipient. Depending on the vendor settings on the Inventory Template and any overrides set in the Vendor Details Page of the Inventory Recipient, the process may result in more than one Pending Purchase Order being created - one for each Equipment Vendor.