Skip to main content
How to Manage Tech at Work
- Last updated
Save as PDF
To view Tech at Work
- While in Tech Today, click on Appointment Details.
- Note: This will provide an Appointment Status progress bar, the Work to be done, and any customer or tech Notes for the selected appointment.
To check in
- Navigate to the Appointment Status section and click Check In.
- Note: If the Tech uses this option, the Appointment Status bar will indicate the progress.
- You can click Yes, Check In, or optionally, click No, I'll Do it Later.
To manage the work-to-be-done
- Click Check In, if not already done.
- The work to be done is listed and categorized to make it easy for the technician.
To record that the work was completed
- Click the Expand icon of the item completed or to be worked on.
- Enter the status in the Status dropdown menu.
- Note: the status will be specific for the work being done (i.e.; Installed, Not Installed, Removed, Not Removed).
- If applicable, enter the zone and zone number into the appropriate fields.
- Use the Visit and Inventory Tech dropdown menus accordingly.
- Note: These fields are auto-filled, by default, but can be changed if necessary.
- Click Save.
- Note: to indicate that work was competed, the grayed-out Check icon will turn green.
To view or record notes
- To view all previously entered appointment notes, scroll to the Notes section.
- Any and all issues encountered during the visit may be entered into the Tech Notes field.
- Note: If notes have been entered, the Save button will become active. Click Save to record any updates.
To check out
- Once checked in, the button will change to say Check Out.
- To complete the work, click Check Out.