Create and connect a customer record to API Monitoring through the API integration within SecurityTrax.
Set up account for creation
- While in the customer record, select on the Customer tab.
- Navigate to the Central Station section.
- Select the Edit icon
- Select the API Monitoring Integration you have set up in the Monitored By field. For more information on how to set up the integration, see API Monitoring.
- Click Save.
- Note: Clicking Save will update this section to the integration settings. You may need to edit this section again.
- Add an account number and any other details you would like.
- Note: If you have set up Account Number Blocks, you will see an Add icon button in this field.
- Next, select the Shell Account button.
Create an account with API Monitoring
The next steps are part of the Create page.
This is the customer's basic information. Note: The name and address are not editable here. If you want to edit those, you will need to exit this screen and edit them on the customer record directly.
Set up or edit the Emergency Contacts here. Note: We don't send the full emergency contact details to API Monitoring.
This is a list of customer equipment with zone ID, and description.