How to Manage a PandaDoc Integration
This document will explain how to manage PandaDoc as an Electronic Document Provider.
- You must have a paid PandaDoc account to use this integration.
- You will need the API key from your PandaDoc account to configure the integration. Click Here for instructions on getting your API key.
- Electronic Document Provider - View and Create
- Electronic Document Provider Config - Modify
To Add an Electronic Document Provider
Click here for instructions on getting the required information from PandaDoc
- While logged into SecurityTrax, click on the Company Menu icon .
- Under Admin, select Company Settings.
- In the Integrations section, select Electronic Document Providers.
- Click the Add button.
- Give the Electronic Document Provider a name and select PandaDoc in the type dropdown.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to the Integration tab.
- Paste your API key.
- Click Save.
- You will now see the Electronic Document Provider you just created on the list.
To view/update your PandaDoc settings
- While in the Electronic Document Provider page, select the provider from the list.
- Manage or view the Name and Active status on the General tab.
- Manage or view the Integrations Settings on the Integrations tab.
- Make all needed changes.
Note: All required fields will be pre-populated.
- Click Save.
How to manage the integration with PandaDoc
Inside the Integrations tab there are many options for configuration, each one will be listed below with a short description of what it does.
This option will allow us to cache the templates used from PandaDoc to generate Documents, it will speed up the loading and creation of contracts for a customer. It should only be enabled after you have finished setting up all your templates in PandaDoc.
This will clear the caching of templates, use this option if you create a new template in PandaDoc and it is not showing up in SecurityTrax.
This allows any recipient to forward the document received to any email address.
Forwarding with Reassigning Allowed
This option allows any recipient to forward the document and reassign any signing events to another email address.
Embedded Signing Enabled
This allows all recipients to sign the document from within the SecurityTrax platform, this does not remove the ability for a signer to sign via an email, unless the signing event was already viewed in SecurityTrax previously. The reverse is also true, if the email signing is accessed before it is pulled up in SecurityTrax, it will not allow and embedded signiture.
In the SecurityTrax, you can assign specific roles for signers of a contract. By default, there are pre-set roles that are automatically assigned to all new PandaDoc Integrations. Each role represents a signer on a document and includes their Name and Email address. When creating templates in PandaDoc, you will need to specify the signers and the order in which they will sign the document. It's important to note that in PandaDoc, each signer is expected to perform a signing event - there's no such thing as a carbon copy.
The four default roles that are already set up for you are "Back Office", "Technician-Primary", "Customer-Primary", and "SalesRep-Primary". If any of these Primary roles exist on a template document as signers, SecurityTrax will automatically fill in the Name and Email address of the corresponding individual when a new contract document is created. This saves you time and ensures that your documents are accurate and complete.
Add Static Value
In a document, you may have a value that needs to appear on every contract. With this static value option, you can create a field in your templates then provide the name of that field and the data you want it to populate with and on creation of a new contract document for a customer it will be populated with the data you provide. This can be done for multiple fields in a document, not all static value fields need to exist in every template.