Utilize the Brinks integration within SecurityTrax to create and manage customers in your Brinks account without leaving SecurityTrax. This document guides you through the setup steps.
First, you need to create the desired Monitoring Company in SecurityTrax by following the steps here. Return to this page when complete.
To set up the Integration, select the Integration tab. Below are descriptions of the fields on this page.
Select this button to add or edit your dealer username and password with Brinks.
Make sure this slider is set to On in order for this integration to appear on the customer record.
Set this to On if you would like to enable cache.
This section shows your username and password that is entered in the Manage Connection window.
Additional Default System Options
This section allows you to select System Options that are additional to the 6 global settings. As you select an option a new row will appear so you can add more settings.
This button will confirm that the username and password are valid.
Account Number Blocks
Account number blocks are assigned by the Central Station. If you have an Account Number Block from them, you can add that here. This will allow you to select the next account number on a customer record.
Select the Account Number Blocks tab to add account number blocks:
- Select Add.
- Set the beginning and end of the block.
- Set the receiver number.
- Set the two-way flag if desired.
- Enable the block.
- Select Save.
Note: Once an account number block is set as Inactive, it cannot be made active again.
BRINKS Dealer Portal credentials are provisioned by BRINKS for use within SecurityTrax (referred to as WSI 'Wizzy' Credentials in SecurityTrax). Please do not use your existing BRINKS Dealer Portal credentials because will not work.
Please email BRINKS to receive the proper credentials by following the steps below.:
- Collect the following pieces of information
- Your MAS Dealer #
- Legal Dealer Business Name
- Dealer Portal Site Administrator for the Dealer (first and last name)
- Dealer Address
- Dealer Phone #
- Please email this information to your SecurityTrax Account Manager, once you've collected all of the required information. You can also send this information directly to Sales@Brinkshome.com to request the WSI credentials. If you do choose to email them directly, please CC email@example.com so that we are included on that email.
- Once Brinks provides SecurityTrax with your WSI/Wizzy credentials (usually with 24 hours), we will add those to your SecurityTrax site. You can also manually add the credentials to your SecurityTrax site by following the directions above.
Creating a Customer Account with Brinks Monitoring
To connect a customer account, see Create a Customer with Brinks.