How to Manage Levels
The Level is the second step in allowing you to create a Payable Entry so you can begin to calculate commission for your Payees or users, such as sales reps or technicians. The Level allows for the creation of Line Items, which are instrumental in the commission calculation process.
- Three things to consider about Levels:
- They breakdown Job Functions into manageable tiers for your different sets of Payees.
- They assigned to a User as a Payee Assignment and are required in order to create a Payable Entry.
- They are made of a series of Line Items, which determine how calculations are broken down on a Payable Entry.
This page will show you how to manage Levels on the admin side. This includes being able to view, create, duplicate, edit and delete the Levels.
View the complete list of terms used in Payables.
The end result of the Payables feature. The Payable Entry pulls information on a customer to calculate a commission calculation. Calculations are determined based on Job Function, Level and Line Items. Payable Payments can also be added to a Payable Entry.
A series of field, or rows, within a Payable Entry intended to break down calculations into easily viewable segments. A Line Item has a description and amount field.
The method (calculation) by which you build a Payable Entry. A Job Function requires a Payee, Level and Line Items in order to work.
A Level is assigned to a Payee and is required for Payable Entry creation and serves as a means to distinguish different Line Items within a Job Function.
A selected User or Appointment that is the entity being paid from a Payable Entry.
A Payee entity of type User. Typically, a Sales Rep, Trainer, Lead Rep or other User in the system.
A Payee entity of type Appointment. This Payee type will provide a list of appointments connected with the customer. Whatever appointment is selected will in turn select the Tech assigned to that appointment who will be the Payee.
The actual individual getting paid when the Payee is of type Appointment.
- While logged into Securitytrax, click on your Company Name or the hamburger icon .
- Note: Once clicked, the hamburger will change to .
- Under Admin, select Users & Permissions.
- Click Payables on the navigation menu.
- A new page will open titled User Job Functions
- Note: By default, the list of Job Functions are divided into Sales and Technicians.
- Note: By default, the list of Job Functions are listed by ID ascending within their respective categories.
- Click anywhere on the row of the desired Job Function whose Levels you are wanting to view.
- A window will open with the title of the selected Job Function.
- Under Available Levels you will see a list of all active Levels associated with the selected Job Function
- Note: By default, the list of Levels are listed by ID ascending.
- While on the Job Function screen, click the Add Level button next to Available Levels.
- A window will open titled New Level.
- Enter in desired name and description for the Level.
- Ensure the Level is active.
- Note: By default the active slider will be blue which means it is active. Grey means it is inactive.
- Click the Create button.
- While on the Level screen, click the + Duplicate button.
- A window will open titled Duplicate Level.
- Click the Duplicate Level button.
- A page will open with the title of the duplicated level.
- Note: This is also the Edit page.
- Note: The name of the Level will be the Level you duplicated with [COPY] added.
- Under Level Details you may now edit the Level name or description.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- While on the Job Function screen, click the desired Level.
- The Edit page for Level is now open.
- Under Level Details you may now change the name or description of the Level.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- While on the Level screen, click the Delete button.
- A confirmation message window will appear.
- Click the Delete Level button.