Data is critical to decision making in a business! So, whether you take advantage of the many premade reports, tweak a column or two and make it your own, or create one totally from scratch, there are a variety of reports covering practically every area of your business (Customers, Equipment, Funding, Leads, Notes & Tickets, Payables, or Users).
To view the list of reports
- While logged into SecurityTrax, click on your Company Name or the Hamburger icon in the upper-left header.
- Note: Once clicked, the hamburger will change to .
- Under Company, select Reports.
- Note: By default, the list of all Customer Reports will be displayed. To display reports from a specific category, click on the category of choice in the left menu.
To run a report
- While on the selected Reports category page, click anywhere on the desired report row (the selected row will be highlighted in blue).
- Note: by default, the report page is empty, and the report is not enabled until at least one filter option has been selected.
- Click anywhere on the Filters button in the upper left of the page to open the Filters Applied section.
- Note: you'll notice "0 Filters Applied" in the section heading and the Run Reports button in the lower right of the section grayed out (this indicates that at least one filter option must be selected before the report is enabled).
- Adjust the report's filter(s) as desired (at least one filter must be selected to activate the Run Report button, but any other of the filter dropdown menus can be left blank).
- Note: blank dropdown menus are the same as a "wild card," displaying all data for the given field.
- Once the Run Reports button is activated, select it to run the report.
- Note: The resulting report can be sorted by any column (the usual arrow cursor changes to the hand cursor when a sortable column is hovered over with the mouse). Click once on the column name and the Up-Arrow icon appears to indicate that the report is now displayed in ascending order. Click a second time and the Down-Arrow icon appears to indicate that the data is in descending order.
- Note: Some reports are password protected and require a password to run the report.
To add additional filters to the report
- If the report needs further filtering (in order to see a different data set), navigate to the top of the report page.
- Note: The Filters Applied section will still be visible unless previously collapsed, in which case click once again on the Filters button.
- Change any of the dropdown menus as needed and click Run Report.
To add a new report
- While on the selected Reports category page, click Add in the upper-right of the page.
- Fill out the required fields (Category, Type, and Name) and, optionally, provide a description of the new report.
- Click Save.
- Note: Once the new report is successfully saved, the Edit page automatically appears, allowing filters and columns to be added and managed (see below).
To edit a report
Note: There are two basic types of reports, Object and SQL. Only the Object Reports are editable; therefore, the following information only applies to this type.
- While on the selected Reports category page, click on the desired report row.
- Note: this page can also be entered via the Add function, described above.
- The Report Name and Description can now be changed, if needed (the Report Category and Type are Read Only fields).
- The Group By dropdown menu appears, for certain types of reports, to allow the grouping of data by specific fields (i.e., State).
- The Show Empty Entries slider provides a way to show data in the report even when the above mentioned Group By field is blank.
- When running a report, it is often helpful to dynamically filter the report (to only show selected data) by certain fields. The Fields dropdown menu provides that functionality, and multiple filters can be selected.
- Note: The Reorder icon indicates that the filter fields are moveable (you can click the Drag & Drop icon on the row and move it to a different position than originally selected, as indicated by the Order column).
- To have the report display only the desired data results, select only the desired Columns to be displayed (all available columns are shown in the associated Filter dropdown menus, in alphabetical order).
- Note: These selected columns can also be positioned to your liking in the report, as indicated by the Reorder icon , in any desired order. Also, if the column is no longer needed, it can be removed from the list of columns by clicking the smallicon.
- Click Save.
To reset a report
- While in the Edit page, click Reset.
- Note: When editing a saved report, any changes made during the edit session, will be cleared and return the report to the last saved state (if clicked in a newly created report, all filters and columns will be cleared, as if starting over).
To export a report
- The entire report can be exported to a CSV (comma separated values) file.
- While on the report page, click Export in the upper-right.
- A new .csv file will be immediately be created and ready to open in the default tool associated with this file type.
To delete a report
- While on the Edit page, click Delete.
- Note: A confirmation window will appear to make sure you want to do this. Click Delete again.
To view the reports in a specific report category
- While on the selected Reports category page, click the report category of choice from the left menu.
- To add a new report to the category or edit a specific report within the category, follow the steps above.
To setup and edit Bulk Edit
- When you create a report, the bottom section of the report is for Bulk Edit.
- If Bulk Edit options are available on the selected report category they will appear.
- Select the options you would like to Bulk Edit on the report and select Save.
To run Bulk Edit
- When you run the report, you will see empty select boxes to the left of the first report column.
- Select the boxes you would like to bulk edit.
- Note: You may select all options by selecting the empty box in the header of the report.
- Once at least one box has been selected the Bulk Edit button will appear above the report header.
- Select the Bulk Edit button and new window will appear.
- Select a field you would like to Bulk Edit and then select what you would like to Bulk Edit the field to.
- Note: You may select multiple options to Bulk Edit at once.
- Select the Save.