How to Manage Equipment
Selling and installing Equipment are perhaps the most important part of your business. As a result, being able to easily and effectively manage your list of Equipment is just as important. In SecurityTrax, we ensure this process is simple and straightforward.
To further aid you in this process, SecurityTrax maintains a Master Equipment List. This is a comprehensive list of Equipment items that we have identified from across the Security Industry.
Equipment items can be linked to SecurityTrax's Master Equipment List. This link provides the following additional features:
- Equipment will be automatically grouped by category in equipment lists.
- Provides part-specific identification internally and externally to your company.
This page will show you how to manage Equipment on the admin side. This includes being able to view, create, and edit Equipment.
The various items, such as sensors, cameras, glass breaks, etc., that are sold and installed to a customer.
Master Equipment List
Contains a comprehensive list of Equipment items that we have identified. Your Equipment items can be linked to this SecurityTrax Master Equipment List which will provide you with some additional features; i.e., with this link in place, we will automatically group your Equipment by category in equipment lists. Additionally, the link provides part-specific identification internally and externally to your company.
- While logged into SecurityTrax, click on your Company Name or the Hamburger icon in the upper-left header.
- Note: Once clicked, the hamburger will change to .
- Under Admin, click Company Settings.
- Click Equipment in the Equipment section.
- Note: By default, all equipment, along with the Manufacturer, Model #, Linked and Active statuses are listed.
- Click on Add on the upper right hand corner.
- Select whether you want to Add an Item Manually or Choose Items from ST Master Equipment List.
Adding an item manually
- Fill out the Name required field and any other desired information.
- Note: Optionally, check the Equipment Link dropdown list in the SecurityTrax Master List Link section for the item being created. This is not required, but provides benefits listed above.
- Click Save.
Choosing an item from the SecurityTrax Master Equipment List
- By default, a list of all unlinked equipment items will be listed.
- Note: If all equipment items are linked to SecurityTrax Master Equipment List, the list will be empty.
- If the list is long, you can click anywhere on the Filters button in the upper left of the page to open the Filters Applied section. Using the various drop-down menus, select the filter options you desire. Click Apply.
- Select from the list the equipment items to be linked by selecting the Add icon at the beginning of the row
- Note: Once selected, it will change to a Checked icon .
- Any number of items can be selected simultaneously.
- Note: All items to be added will be shown above the list.
- To unselect an item, select the Checked icon, again (it changes to the Delete icon during hover over) or select the Delete icon at the beginning of the item name shown above the list.
- Click the Add Item button at the bottom right of the page to add the item(s).
- A confirmation message with all items to be added will appear. Click the Add Item button again to confirm.
- Click on the desired equipment item row (it will be highlighted in blue).
- Make any desired changes.
- Note: Check the Equipment Links dropdown list in the SecurityTrax Master List Link section if the item is not yet linked.
- Click Save.