Setting up Account Number Blocks
Account number blocks are often assigned by the Central Station. If you have an Account Number Block from them, you can add that in SecurityTrax on the Monitoring Company settings. You can do this on all monitoring company settings even if you are not using one of our integrations. This allows you to select the next account number on a customer record.
While on the monitoring settings page, select the Account Number Blocks tab. Then follow these steps:
- Select the Add button.
- Set the beginning and end of the block.
- Set the receiver number.
- Set the two-way flag, if desired.
- Enable the block.
- Click Save.
Note: Once an account number block is set as Inactive, it cannot be made active again.
Using Account Number Blocks
Once you have set up Account Number blocks, you can use the next available account number on a customer record by following these instructions:
- While on the customer record, select the Customer tab.
- Navigate down to the Central Station section and if you have not already, edit the section and on Monitored By, select the monitoring company . Then click Save.
- After saving the monitoring company, you will be able to edit the section and see an add button to automatically pull in the next available account number as shown below.