How to Manage the User's Permissions & Policies
User permissions page looks similar to the group permissions page in Admin. In the user permissions page, you will see the grants and policies applied via the group policy. Here are some tips to help differentiate them:
- Grants applied will be shown in black font with a checkmark.
- Grants not applied will be grayed out.
- Group Policies applied will be shown in black.
- Group policies that have been overwritten will be lined out.
To assign a user to a permission group
- While in the Permission Group Section, click the Edit icon .
- Select the permission group from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
To create permission groups
See the following link: How to Create Permission Groups
To view user policies
- While on the User Permissions section, click the Expand icon on the permission group to view user policies.
To manage user policies
- Click the Add button on the Resource Type.
- Note: Not all resource types have user policies that are applicable.
- Fill out the fields to create the user policy.
- Select Override Group Policies to override the group policies applied to the user.
- Click Apply.