Skip to main content
How To Manage Reports
- Last updated
Save as PDF
To view the list of reports
- While logged into SecurityTrax, click on Reports in the top navigation menu.
- Note: A combined list of all reports from all categories will be shown, by default. To display only those reports from a specific category, click on the category of choice in the left menu.
To run a report
- While on the All Reports page, click anywhere on the desired report row (the selected row will be highlighted in blue).
- Adjust the report's filter(s) as desired (any or all filter dropdown menus can also be left blank).
- Note: blank dropdown menus are the same as a "wild card," displaying all data for the given field.
- If the Run Reports button is not visible, navigate to the bottom of the filters and click Run Report.
- Note: The resulting report can be sorted by any column (the usual arrow cursor changes to the hand cursor when a sortable column is hovered over with the mouse). Click once on the column name and the Up-Arrow icon appears to indicate that the report is now displayed in ascending order. Click a second time and the Down-Arrow icon appears to indicate that the data is in descending order.
To filter the report
- If the report needs further filtering (to see a different data set), click the Expand icon in the upper-right (the Condense icon will hide the report filter if it is hiding the report or is no longer needed).
- Change any of the dropdown menus as needed and click Run Report.
- Note: If the report has been run at least once already, and is hidden from view, it can be seen by scrolling down the page (this can help when deciding which filters need to be changed to see the desired data results).
To add a new report
- While on the All Reports page, click Add in the upper-right of the page.
- Fill out the required fields (Category, Type, and Name) and, optionally, provide a description of the new report.
- Click Save.
- Note: Once the new report is successfully saved, the Edit page automatically appears, allowing filters and columns to be added and managed (see below).
To edit a report
- While on the All Reports page, click the Edit icon on the desired report row.
- Note: this page can also be entered via the Add function, described above.
- The Report Name and Description can now be changed, if needed (the Report Category and Type are Read Only fields).
- The Group By dropdown menu appears, for certain types of reports, to allow the grouping of data by specific fields (i.e., State).
- The Show Empty Entries slider provides a way to show data in the report even when the above mentioned Group By field is blank.
- When running a report, it is often helpful to dynamically filter the report (to only show selected data) by certain fields. The Fields dropdown menu provides that functionality, and multiple filters can be selected.
- Note: The Reorder icon indicates that the filter fields are moveable (you can click the Drag & Drop icon on the row and move it to a different position than originally selected, as indicated by the Order column).
- To have the report display only the desired data results, select only the desired Columns to be displayed (all available columns are shown in the associated Filter dropdown menus, in alphabetical order).
- Note: These selected columns can also be positioned in the report, as indicated by the Reorder icon, in any desired order. Also, if the column is no longer needed, it can be removed from the list of columns by clicking the icon.
- Click Save.
To reset a report
- While in the Edit page, click Reset.
- Note: When editing a saved report, any changes made during the edit session, will be cleared and return the report to the last saved state (if clicked in a newly created report, all filters and columns will be cleared, as if starting over).
To export a report
- The entire report can be exported to a CSV (comma separated values) file.
- While on the report page, click Export in the upper-right.
- A new .csv file will be immediately be created and ready to open in the default tool associated with this file type.
To delete a report
- While on the Edit page, click Delete.
- Note: A confirmation window will appear to make sure you want to do this. Click Delete again.
To view the reports in a specific report category
- While on the All Reports page, click the report category of choice from the left menu.
- To add a new report to the category or edit a specific report within the category, follow the steps above.